This week, I am posting my craft today, instead of yesterday, so it'll be in with the Talented Tuesday bunch. I got this idea when I was at Dollar Tree, though it required 2 items from HobLob to finish them. Michaels, as an aside, did not have any type of wooden finials to use for this, so I wound up at HobLob.
1 Dollar Store marble candle plate ($1)
1 Dollar Store Candle Holder ($1 or less)
1 Wooden Finial (3 pack for $1.47, or $.49 each)
1 Wooden Ball Bead, with an opening the same size as the peg on the Finial (6 pack for $1.47, or $.245 each)
Paint (on hand)
E6000 Glue (on hand)
Sand Paper (on hand)
Cost: $2.74 (ish). This could probably be done cheaper, or more expensive, depending on the materials you use.
- First, sand down the peg on the finial a bit. Insert it into the round bead, until it's as flush as it'll get. None of the finials fit completely flush to the beads I had, though they were both the same size. The gap didn't look bad, though.
- Sand any rough edges on the wood.
- Paint the wood- I choose Antique White to use, because it's not glaringly white, but is still a very nice neutral color, decor wise.
- Once the wood is completely dry, sand down the edges a bit, for a more weathered look.
- Glue the finished finial to the center of the bottom of the candle holder.
- Once it's dry, you are done!
For the marble candle disc I found, I preferred it upside down to right side up. All of them had little dark colored decorative stones on the up-side, and a lip for the candle. The bottoms are perfectly smooth, and rounded off, giving it a nice polished look for the cloche.
For Super Bowl Sunday, I picked up a cute little dozen mini cupcakes, which were OH SO SWEET. Seriously, I just wanted to stare at them! All soft, squishy, with such bright heart shaped sprinkles. I had some left today, and they were the perfect size to try out the cloche, so I did!
This post is linked up at the link parties listed here.
1) Post a blog about something you've made- a refurnish, recipes, a craft project, a sewing project, room decoration, anything you've done!
2) Add a link to your blog post- not to the blog itself, but to the individual posts! You can post more than one project, just add more links! The links should look something like:
and NOT like this:
3) Add the code below to each post you link to the MckLinky, so that others can post their projects here as well! The list will accept new links through Saturday, so if you make something new, come back and post it! Don't forget to look at the links on the list, and let people know where you found their post at!
This MckLinky will remain open and accepting links through Wed night, so feel free to come back and add more links if you post new things!!
Great job and the cupcake looks yummy too. Thanks for the party again.
Now that is just adorable!!!
That's very cute. I think I might try something similar later this week.
Posted my link! Thanks for hosting.
What a great idea! I love it! Thank you for hosting this! Lots of fun. I'm going to visit the other links.
Oops! I made a big oops! My link is on number 50 and I accidentally misspelled cabinet. I spelled it as caninet. Can you please correct it so that it says cabinet? I apologize!
You guys are welcome!!
Sandra- I fixed it for you :)
Love that cloche, what a cute project! Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, could you please add a link (or the button) to REINVENTED in your post? Thanks.
I do like it - must scan the dollar store again!;)
Cute project! I love the Dollar Store!!!
This is so cool! I love all the stuff you can make for $1 store finds!!
You did a fine job! I tried making one of these and um, it didn't turn out very well.
Oops, I'm back. I'm joining your networked blogs, will come and join mine? I just read somewhere that you need 11 networked peeps in order for your posts to automatically go to Facebook - I only need two more. (I hope this works, 'cause it's been driving me c-r-a-z-y!)
I think I'm going to have to take this idea from you. I'm book marking it as well, so when i do I will make sure i give credit where credit is due.
Thanks for joining me for another great party at "Get Your Craft on Thurs." Please join me next week for another wonderful party..
Please stop by for a big annoucement Tuesday, the 16th. I'm so excited I'm about to bust...
LOVE this! I might need to make a trip to the dollar store... :)
And thanks for linking up to our friday fun find party! Hopefully we'll see you next week...
What a fun cupcake house! It really turned out great!
I've seen some of thoe things at the dollar store, but have never thought about making that cute thing! I need to be more creative like you! Thanks for linking this up at Whatever Goes Wednesday.
Post a Comment