Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Nice Halloween Night In

Today, we were able to finally sell our old mini-van. It was a nice boost to our bank account, so it was welcome. After doing my own running around, I came home to rowdy kids.

One of our favorite activities in the fall, is having a movie night, all snuggled in our warm PJ's, with warm blankets around us. In the summer, we just don't do it as often. We're busy, it gets dark so much later, so when fall comes back around, we really enjoy it.

While I was in town today, I splurged on a few treats for the kids- Candy Corn flavored Jones Soda ($1.99 for a 4 pack of cans- pricey, but they talk about it all year!), and 3 different flavors of candy corn- Chocolate Caramel, Caramel, & Caramel Apple. I saw them at Walgreens, and just knew the kids would love them.

They are settled in, blankets all over the living room, with some Candy Corn Soda, and a bowl with some air popped popcorn, and candy corn in it. We rented "Halloweentown" from Netflix, which comes with "Halloweentown 2" on it as well. We love Halloween, and the assorted kid friendly Halloween movies that come out.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!


No comments: