Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've been nominated!


Last night, I didn't sleep. I have insomnia, but more on that further down in the post. Today is the kids last day in school before 5 days of for Thanksgiving, so I slept. Hard. Having only just gotten up, I found a comment from Jessica over at Mad in Crafts. She nominated my lil blog for a Kreativ Blogger award!

My blog is still fairly new, having been started in mid October. Over the past week, I've seen a steady climb in viewers, and I'm so very excited and flattered by how many people are enjoying my little blog, especially when I see so many cool blogs out there!

Okay, rule time:
~thank the person who nominated me for the award
~copy the logo and place it on my blog
~link to the person who nominated me
~list 7 things people may not know about me
~nominate 7 creative bloggers
~post their links
~leave a comment on each

Some of my faves, in no particular order:

1. ~Ruffles and Stuff~ - Disney sews amazing projects. I have a very basic knowledge of how to sew, and put it to work, but the projects she makes amaze me.


2. Someday Crafts - Michelle finds the coolest craft projects, and posts all sorts of neat projects on her blog. It's a great site for getting inspired, and for finding new blogs!


3. My Mama Made It - Alexis is another woman who sews some amazing creations. She's very big into refashioning shirts, and creating clothes that look like something found in Anthropologie. She has some pretty easy ideas for beginners like me.


4. Tatertots and Jello - How can you not love that title? Jen is a crafter, and creates some neat projects, and has giveaways often. It's a fun blog to follow!


5. Mad in Crafts - I don't know if I'm allowed to nominate the person who nominated me, or not, but Jessica at Mad in Crafts is one of my favorite blogs to visit. She has some great craft projects, and is great at recreating Pottery Barn decor from the Dollar Store!

6. 30Days - Mique (Mickey!) at 30days posts some cool projects, and has a pretty long list of ideas on things to make. She's got a great blog!


7. Rosies - Rosie's blogline is "We Can Do It!" She takes ideas that she's never tried, and just pushes through to do them, even if she's not sure how. She's got a lot of sewing projects and craft projects on her site.




So... 7 things about me, huh?

1. I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom to 3 kids. Raegan is 13, Chris is 10, and Gillian is 7. They are all in school full time now.

2. I've been a crafter all my life, but lack the patience for big projects, which is why you'll always see quick, easy projects on my blog.

3. I've relocated twice in my adult life. Both areas are only a little over an hour from my hometown, but it meant big change in friends.

4. My daughter Raegan was born the day after I turned 18.

5. I'm an insomniac. It started when I was pregnant with my son Chris, and it comes and goes. Sometimes, I'm awake for days. Most nights, I get between 3-5 hours of sleep.

6. I am not a housekeeper. I hate cleaning, I hate doing dishes. As such, my house is probably not the cleanest on the block. It's not a disaster, but with 3 kids, it's never completely clean for long, either.

7. I love to learn about history. When a topic comes up that catches my attention, I'll find out anything I can about it. The most reoccurring topic that comes up for me is the Holocaust and WW2. I'm hot in that topic right now, thanks to the History channel. The first time I was deep in that topic was in high school, after seeing Schindler's List for the first time. I cry nearly every time I see a documentary or read up on it.

So, there you have it. 7 things about me.

2 comments:

~Sherie~ said...

Congrats on the nomination!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I tried to leave a few comments earlier, but your blog wouldn't let me!!! Anyway, thank you so much for this and for viewing my blog! You are so kind.