1 bag White Chocolate Chips
3-4 Peppermint Candy Canes, Crushed (I unwrap them, and put them through the food processor)
Red Sugar Sprinkles- optional
- Melt the chocolate in a glass dish in the microwave. Start out at 1 minute & 30 seconds on 75% power, or 70% if your microwave does increments of 10. When the time is up, stir the chocolate, then return to the microwave.
Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir. The bag should be almost completely melted after the total time of 2 minutes. If not, return to the microwave for 30 seconds more. After the initial 1 minute & 30 seconds, do NOT microwave for more than 30 seconds at a time. Chocolate WILL scorch, and be ruined!
- Add 1 capful of peppermint extract and stir.
- Add 3/4's of the crushed candy canes and stir.
- Spread the chocolate out on a cookie sheet. I recommend laying down wax paper first, but it isn't needed. Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture out over the cookie sheet in a thin layer. It does not have to be uniform, or cover the whole thing.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top of the chocolate, then add some red sugar sprinkles on top!
- Let the mixture cool in the fridge. Once it's hardened, start breaking it apart. This is where the wax paper comes in handy, because you can lift it from the pan to break it apart.