Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last Minute Ideas



I'm always so excited to see what my blog buddies have come up with next, when I log in, and rarely am I ever disappointed in new posts to read. With Christmas less than 2 weeks away, time is of the essence. Time to finish decorating, shopping, wrapping, and, of course, crafting.

Is there enough time left? Who knows. I have my first get together next weekend. I think I'm done. I finished last night, and have decided that despite the other ideas I have floating around in my head, that's it. Each of my 3 nieces, and 1 nephew have a gift. My mom has a gift. The rest of us don't exchange gifts individually. We each bring a wrapped ornament, and we blindly pick the package we want, then we can trade with someone who picked before us.

I digressed, didn't I? I do that a lot.

Here are some ideas I found on blogs, and around the net, for last minute items to make for Christmas. Enjoy!


Donut Snowman, the Paper Pony- Frosty never looked so good!

{photo credit: The Paper Pony blog}








Surprise Christmas Balls, Alpha Mom- A cute ball ornament filled with surprises along the way.

{photo credit: Alpha Mom website}








Snowflake Coasters, Mad In Crafts- A cute wintery set of dollar store coasters.

{photo credit: Jessica at Mad In Crafts blog}







Make A Frosty Kit, That's So Cuegly- Make a kit to have on hand for snowman building. Yes, you can buy them premade, but they are no where near as stinking cute!

{photo credit: That's So Cuegly blog}





Make a Cookie Kit Gift, Blue Cricket Designs- This makes for a great neighbor gift. To give this gift to someone at work, or school (without immediate access to a fridge), swap the dough for a cookie mix.

{photo credit: Blue Cricket Designs blog}





There you have it! Some great frugal gifts to give this year, or crafts to make, or items just to have on hand!

2 comments:

FrugalMom said...

So many fantastic ideas. The boys and I began working with clay outside this afternoon. My three-year-old was the only one, who finished though. I simply became too impatient with the clay, and I think it was drying out too fast outside. Next attempt will definitely be made indoors.

Heather@ My Frugal Family said...

It helps to have water on hand, and wet your fingers as you work with it, so it won't dry out too fast.