Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Making New Year's Eve Special

With kids, it's been several years since Nick and I went out for New Year's Eve. Some times, we had friends over, but most often, we just stay home. We don't do a whole lot, but we do try to enjoy our time together. I usually make up appetizer type snacks for us to munch on through out the night. We play games together with the kids, listen to music, and do a countdown.


Last year, Gillian was getting tired early, so we did two countdowns- one for her at around 10pm, and another one for the rest of us at midnight. I picked up sparkly birthday hats at the dollar store, as well as rolls of streamers to toss in the air.

I'm not sure what we'll do this year. Probably the same, though Raegan might go to a friends house over night. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I kind of wouldn't mind having friends out, but aside from our few neighbors, most of our friends live quite a ways away.



What do you do to make New Year's Eve special?


No comments: