Friday, January 15, 2010

200 Posts, 100 Followers!

I wish I could say I had some special post in mind for my 200th post, but alas, I don't. I spent all day sleeping. I'm an insomniac to start with, but between pain meds, and laying in bed entirely too much, my schedule is all messed up.

I woke up today to a nice surprise- I now have 100 followers! I'm speechless. About a month after I started this blog, I wrote up a post, and post dated it for 1 year after I started the blog, to the day.

I listed in it some goals I hoped to have accomplished by the time the post becomes visible. One of them was having more people interested in my blog. I had under 10 or 20 followers at that point, so my goal number was 50. I've also had an amazing week in views. My single highest view day ever was this week, with 840 views on Tuesday! I credit that to all the MckLinky posts I've been finally figuring out and adding to. You guys are all wonderful!

I'm hoping to finish my felt appliqued Valentine's Banner this weekend. Part of it requires sewing, and I've been going back and forth on whether or not I'll do it in bed by hand, or try to rig a seat at the sewing desk for 20 minutes or so to sew there.

It is my hope that I'll have it done to reveal on Monday. I have the individual letters "done", in that the letters are appliqued on, and I've done some minor embellishments. I tried adding sequins, but I wasn't loving the look, so I seam ripped em off. I do want to add some tassels, though, and I'm thinking of adding 2 more triangles to the banner, each with a heart on it for the start and end of the word LOVE.

Here's hoping for a big 'reveal' on Monday!