- My head is killing me. I had PT this morning. I am seeing them for neck and headache issues. The neck issues have been helped greatly just by stretching my muscles. The headaches have not abated, though, so today, they decided to do some new stuff that included extremly tender pressure points at the base of my skull, and very hard finger-pokey pressure for extended periods of time. I don't know what it was supposed to do, but a 7 hour headache, untouchable by Excederin? I don't think that was it.
- I need to call my doctor's office and check if they have my MRI results from last week. I don't like the idea of waiting until May 13th to find out if they saw anything. On one hand- I hope they do. On the other hand, I really dread the results. They are looking for a malformation that my mom has, and I think my aunt also has. I can't recall if that's what she had surgery for. It's called a Type 1 Arnold Chiari Malformation. It's a nasty little piece of work that is typically adult onset, and presents with headaches, neck and back pain, insomnia, and more.
- I have had a tough week with insomnia, which started off when I had to take Sudafed on Monday, and subsequently slept for several hours during the day. I didn't sleep over night Monday or Tuesday, and have made up for it by sleeping during the day. Which, of course, only exacerberates the problem. Vicious cycle.
- I have slacked off craft wise this week. Who am I kidding, this month. I have a blanket to finish before Saturday, as well as a Taggy Crinkle Square (that one is almost done, and the blanket is 1/3rd done). I also have a small wall hanging to finish and mail out by Friday. Maybe instead of laying in bed sleepless tonight, watching Bones, I'll craft.
- My birthday is coming up. With it, I'm doing a week long give away celebration. I asked here on the blog for people to sponsor the giveaways, in exchange for free advertising here on the blog. I wasn't sure I'd get any nibbles, let alone the 7 I wanted for the week. To my shock, surprise, and happiness, I got 8. I feel very blessed to have such a great group of bloggers here, who are so very generous. I can't wait to show off what these creative ladies have come up with!
- Sometimes, laying in bed at 6:30 at night, eating cheese puffs with your 8 year old daughter instead of dinner, while watching a movie together is better than any other kinds of medicine. Even if your head still hurts.
- I want to start an Etsy shop, and try my hand at resale on eBay. I hesitate, though- I love the items I make- but are they things other people will want to buy? And shipping. I'm not the most organized person- having to get out to the post office weekly is a bit intimidating. But, I would like to try and earn some money so I can do some fun things with the kids this summer, which we otherwise might not be able to afford.
- I made some super cute, super easy, pretty cheap bib clips last night for the baby shower this weekend. I really want to make more and try selling them, because they are cute, and I really wish that I'd heard of or seen them when my kids were little. They seem like they would be extremely handy little items.
I feel blessed, though.