Sunday, December 6, 2009

Craft Time!!

For a few weeks now, I've been planing a craft day with the kids and a friend & her daughter (or daughters, if her older daughter comes, too!). I made easy ornaments ahead of time to test out what works best for the kids, and what takes too much work or adult help to make.

I've got supplies leaking out of every drawer and shelf in my craft area in preparation! I'm excited, they should be here soon, and we can craft, craft, craft!

I'll post pictures later to show you how it went. ;) In the mean time, did you check out my Day 7 ornaments? They were my first time using Mod Podge, and I must say, it was love at first stroke! ;) Seriously, if you've never played with Mod Podge, I recommend it. It makes for some great projects for the painting challenged (erm, me). All I use is wooden shapes, scrap book paper, stamps & stamp pads, and mod podge to make some really cool ornaments!

I made two last night for my neighbor Gary, his girlfriend Traci, and their combined 5 kids (her boys on one ornament, his girls on the other). This morning, I took 2 3-D wood shapes with layers, and made them into ornaments. One is for my Dad, the other for my Step-Mom. They were much harder, since I could not just trace the shape, and slap it on.


However, I just love how they look! I stamped their names on the backside of the ornaments, as well. And, more importantly? I get to use my rotary tool to drill holes in the wooden shapes. ;) Yes, that is important, because I love using my drill.

No comments: