Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome to Talented Tuesday!

And as it usually happens, the week has changed, and with it, another Tuesday. Welcome, then, to Talented Tuesday, where you get to strut your stuff!

As you have no doubt noticed, I'm strutting a new blog look, and loving it! With it comes a brand new, hopefully permanent, Talented Tuesday icon. If you are using any of the past ones, please swap out for the new one!!

And for those of you who have your own blog or Etsy shop, I am now offering Talented Tuesday Sponsorships. For $5, you will be able to post a tutorial, or feature your own past projects, along with choosing a handful of projects you enjoyed from the prior Tuesday's link party. This will result in advertising for your blog or shop, and extra hits to your page.

If you are interested in sponsoring a Talented Tuesday link party here on my blog, please email me at herberkids3(at)yahoo(dot)com, with "Talented Tuesday Sponsor" as the subject matter.
 
You can also now advertise with My Frugal Family on a monthly basis. Please check out our advertising rates here.

Without further bugging you, here are a few of my favorites from last week's post. 

For those of you featured, you can pick up my new "Featured On" button here. When I was placing it in the post, a lot of people thought it was the Talented Tuesday button, and used it for that.




018
Just a bit of paint turned this rental kitchen from Blah to Fab! Bridgette at All Thingz Related re-did a dated paneled kitchen and made it gorgeous.

To fully appreciate this makeover, you must go view the original! Bonnie at House of Grace re-did her guest bedroom for under $100, and it looks fantastic!

Last, but hardly least...


Jen at Mimi Bella Boo recently lost her grandmother, and wanted to create something special to wear to the funeral. She dug through her Grandma's drawers and found vintage t's and costume jewelry, and made several lovely necklaces to remember her by.
 
There were many more wonderful posts last week, but I'm pleading a headache, and heading to bed early tonight (though, for once, I've got the post done, and won't be scrambling to finish it at 8am tomorrow!).

Thank you all so much for participating! Don't forget to spread the news of the party- the more the merrier!






The Rules


1) Post a blog about something you've made- a refurnish, recipes, a craft project, a sewing project, room decoration, anything you've done!

2) Add a link to your blog post- not to the blog itself, but to the individual posts! You can post more than one project, just add more links! The links should look something like:

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/love-banner.html

and NOT like this:

http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/

3) Add the code below to each post you link to the MckLinky, so that others can post their projects here as well! The list will accept new links through Saturday, so if you make something new, come back and post it! Don't forget to look at the links on the list, and let people know where you found their post at!

This MckLinky will remain open and accepting links through Thursday evening!! 







Photobucket







18 comments:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Thanks for showing my picture. I am glad that you liked it.
Bonnie

Unknown said...

I love the new look and your new buttons are great!
Rebekah {All Thingz Related}

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I love the look of your blog! That purple and green looks great and I'm jealous of the layout!!! Lucky you!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love your new look! Thanks for hosting - Can't wait to check out the links!

Holly Lefevre said...

Love the new look! Perfectly delightful. Makes me yearn for Spring even more. Great projects from last week. Thanks for hosting the party.

Holly
504 Main

Leanne said...

Great new look. Thanks for hosting the party again.

Melissa said...

I was going to leave a note telling you about how great your blog looks and how I love the new button (so pretty) but now I have to tell you I messed up - MckLinky 55 is supposed to be Easter Egg Candles...Urgh...I am sorry!!

Expressions by Heather said...

Thank you everyone!

Melissa, no problem, when I get back from dropping the kiddlet off at the bus, I'll fix it right up for you!

Unknown said...

Love the new look! It looks great!!

Sophie said...

I don't have anything ready to add to this weeks McLinky, but I am going to be checking all of them out and hopefully join in next week.

Wright's said...

I like the new button. Thanks for hosting.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Thanks for stopping by Heather. I added my link!

Kitschalicious said...

Thanks for inviting me to join the party! Love it!

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Dear Heather, thanks for inviting me to your blog party. I have just added my link. And thanks for your comment, too!

Sophie said...

Aww, I thought the McLinky party was open till Thursday evening? I posted something to add, but it says it's closed.

http://unussedleona.blogspot.com/2010/03/bit-of-stretch.html

Expressions by Heather said...

Oh, shoot, it should have been. I thought I listed the 18th. I'll see if I can re-open it.

Rockin Momma said...

Hello! I'm a new Friday Follower! Nice to meet other bloggers!

Happy Friday!

Visit me at www.rockindeals4you.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks for stopping by and the invitation! So glad I could link up this week! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Happy Spring! Thanks for hosting!