Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wall Art & A To-Do List

I am happy to report that with the help of a muscle relaxer, I slept last night. Like a log. Or a baby. Neither makes much sense- logs don't sleep, and babies toss and turn all night, waking up all the time. Ok, fine then, I slept like the dead.

It was glorious, though I'm reminded today of why I hate to medicate unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm all jittery feeling. I'm hyper sensitive to a lot of medications, so this is typical. Nothing horrible, I suppose, but just a weird feeling.

Moving on... I have a to-do list today. Will it get finished? No clue. Probably not. But I'll try. It's 11:30, and I've gotten 2 things done, though, so that's not too bad.

  • Start & Finish a Wall Hanging someone won- this was a bit slow, but I only finally heard from the winner last week, and it's been one of those weeks so far. Happy to report this project was started and finished- and I. Fell. In. Love.
  • Schedule all of the Birthday Week Giveaway posts, so everyone knows when their prize will be posted. Done, and done- and everyone emailed! Thank you again to everyone who offered a prize up! I'm so excited to post the contests!
  • Finish the minky blanket for the shower this weekend. Dreading this- the minky is not easy to sew, it stretches just enough that it stops lining up after a while. I have 2 sides sewn, 2 left, then I can add the binding. 
  • Bake the neighbor some thank-you brownie-cookie bites. He fixed my car muffler for me this week, and he gives us way too much of a good break on labor. Shops around here charge $80-100/hour for labor. He spent close to 3 hours doing the work, and charged us $50 total for labor. Not even, actually- the muffler wound up being about $10 more than it should have been, so he wound up only making $40 for all that work. I bake for him every time he fixes a car.
  • Go to the store, because I have no cookie dough, or mixes, or stuff to make cookie dough. Will cheat, and buy pre-made dough. Yep, cheat. 
I think that's all. I have today & tomorrow to finish the blanket. The giveaways are scheduled, and I have a week to get the actual posts done up ahead of time. There will be a giveaway every day from Saturday the 24th to Friday the 30th. I am so excited to show all of my readers the awesome goodies that so many wonderful ladies donated!

I guess all I need to really do is the blanket, the store, and the brownie-cookie bites. Have you ever tried them? I found the recipe the other day, and man, does it sound GOOD.

You scoop brownie batter into the bottom of a mini muffin pan, filling it just under halfway. Then, drop a blob of cookie dough in the middle. Bake, cool, frost, sprinkle, eat, enjoy. I can't wait to try one. I'm sure my body will thank me, as will my rear end and thighs.

On to the Wall Art. This was done basically the same as the wall art I made for my Mom's bathroom, except the colors (obviously), and to incorporate all the colors, I used 3 different papers, plus stickers. I had all these little saying stickers that came in a packet for $.50 at Michaels. The blue & green paper were in that packet, too (it was from the $1 section, 50% off). The polka dot paper was $.59 at Jo-Ann's, the star was $.50 at HobLob. The base is another $1 store canvas.

Total Costs: $2.59 if you count the cost for ALL the paper, not just what I used. The paint & mod podge was on hand.


Tell me that isn't just FUN? It's for a teen's room, and she likes polka dots, bright blue, lime green, and brown. I thought the stickers were great for a teen. I really want one myself, now! I'll have to try and find more of those types of stickers- too fun!

11 comments:

Julianna said...

Looks great and a lot of fun! I love things that are easy and turn out looking awesome! Visiting from the Life as Lori party and I owe you an email!

Unknown said...

so cute! I really like it.

Angie Holden said...

That is so cute!!

Amanda said...

I LOVE it, it's gorgeous!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

It is fun! I love the colors! :)

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Love that wall art... stunning!
P.S. Glad to hear you slept well :)

Unknown said...

I adore it - especially the colors!

Plus, I wanted to tell you I've been on pain pills & muscle relaxants for close to 3 years now (car accident/back injury). I keep thinking I can go w/o, but it's just too much.

Hang in there, Girl. We do what we can and try to let go of the rest, you know?

Lori said...

This is wonderful!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party.

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Hi,
I followed you over from the Life As Lori link party. You have a teriffic blog. I am now a follower of yours. I would really love it if you came over and visited me too. Be sure to enter the drawings for the necklaces, if you do. Rory http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

This is great! I'm hosting a link party for Mod Podge Projects this weekend! I'd love for you to come link up!

http://alyashcreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/crafty-crafty-ladies-night-link-party.html

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling much, much better now, Heather.

Wanted to let you know I included this darling canvas in my post today, Wonderful Wall Art. I need to paint something using these colors - just love 'em!