1. Got an MP3 player this week. Sewed a crappy little case for it, sans tutorial. Plan to make a new one, though. This time, I know what I'm doing, so score! I have been using it a lot. I also discovered I love that stupid song Tik Tok by Kesha (I refuse to acknowledge the $ she slapped in her name).
2. Just occasionally, being a parent really sucks. Like when you get not 1, not 2, but 3 phone calls home from school in a single week because middle child is doing dumb things in school that resulted in 1 detention, 1 half day suspension, and 1 day and a half suspension. Said kid is up in his room right now, "Thinking about his actions."
3. 3 doctors appointments next week. 1 for Little Bit, 1 for Middle Child, 1 for Self. Middle Child needs his meds adjusted, seriously. This is the 3rd time the office has rescheduled his appointment. Let's hope this one 'sticks', because at this rate, I'm ready to take him to our old doctor (you know, the one that's over an hour away) just to get him seen. But, this new place is supposed to be A.MAZE.ING with kids who have ADHD.
4. Went photo scouting today. I have a senior picture appointment on Sunday at a park I've never been to, so I wanted to see it first. I've heard great things, but at first, I was like BA-LAH! Then, I found the cool parts. There are natural limestone cliffs and ledges along a river side path. Gorgeous, fun, and the colors? To die for! Which leads me to...
5. I did something really dumb. I wasn't doing any climbing unless there was a defined path, because while there were a lot of easily reachable 'ledges', there were also some steep areas. I found a nice one on my way back to the car, though. Nice big shelf, only about 4 feet up, with stepping stones for climbing. Well, not REALLY for climbing, but they worked. Then as I went to climb down, I misstepped. Then, to save myself from falling head first, I jumped. In ballet flats. With no padding. Now? Can't put any weight on my right heel at all. It doesn't hurt much at all normal, but weight? Agony.
6. But I got some wicked cool Macro's today, and did a lot of walking through the park, and got to listen to my MP3 player with comfy head phones (cause ear buds SUCK, and HURT!).