Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cheap Gaming for the Boys

I live with a geek. I admit it. He's a techno geek to the core, raised on computers and video games. And, as frugal as I am, when it comes to games, there are very few ways to remain frugal.

Thankfully, my husband, Nick, is in line with my way of thinking, and he does every little bit he can to keep the costs down for his video game splurges, as well.

He also runs a blog on games- he reviews systems & games, and he has recently done a post on frugal gaming!

So, if you have game geeks in the house, or little boys, (or heck, girls!), take a moment to check over his blog, Chalgyr's Game Room

3 comments:

Ashley @ Joyful Creations said...

OMG, you mean I'm not the only one out there. My hubby is an avid PC gamer. Has been for years and there's no way of changing him. He refuses to throw the packaging away to all of his games he's purchased over the years. Well, one day I decided to start a project. I went through his HUGE collection of packaging and for all the games that still had the price tag on them I added them up. $2,000 worth just in the games for the past 6 or 7 years, not to mention the price of the computer, new head phones every six month, and of course internet. I would say, he has a very expensive hobby.

Chalgyr said...

LOL - I can relate to your husband to be sure. It's not a cheap hobby - but there definitely things you can do to mitigate the cost. I've been gaming regularly since I got my first TI-99/4A (think atari cartridge games with a keyboard and the BASIC programing language) - but while I do sometimes buy a new game -right- when it comes out (like New Super Mario Bros for the Wii for my kids last year), I tend to deal mostly in used games and hold out until they're at a certain price. Mix this with coupons and such and you can usually cycle games at a fraction of the cost.

Wendy said...

I can't wait to share this with the wonderful geeks in our house! They are going to love this :)
Found your blog this morning and having so much fun going through your posts! So many wonderful ideas!
Wendy