Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blogging About...

Scarves!

I've posted in the past, I'm sure, that I make scarves. They are one of the easiest things to make with a sewing machine. I usually make fleece scarves. Sometimes they are regular fleece, sometimes I fringe all the fleece. I love making scarves, both to keep for myself or the kids, or to give as gifts.

Today, I woke up to two great tutorials on other blogs for some amazing scarves! I have to try my hand at these soon, I think, as the weather gets colder and colder here in Michigan. No snow yet (fingers crossed!)

First up is a gorgeous sweater scarf by My Mama Made It. Seriously, this scarf looks like something you would pay $40 for at Macy's.

I can't wait to get into Goodwill's AS-IS center today, and grab some sweaters. I want to make a few of those scarves, and at the AS-IS center, I can nab some $.79 sweaters!


Next up is a really pretty ruffled scarf by Rosie's. I have seen this scarf online before, at another blog, but without a tutorial, I wasn't exactly sure how to make it. Rosie added a fantastic tutorial to hers that I'll definitely be using to make this! I love this scarf!

Don't forget that I'm having a contest to give away some handmade goodies- if you haven't entered yet, make sure you do!

No comments: