Monday, December 21, 2009

Cleaning...

I am not a house cleaner. I never have been, and likely never will be. I hate cleaning. Worse yet, I hate cooking in a kitchen that isn't spotless. 3 kids doing chores helps with the cleaning aspect, but man, they really don't "clean" when they clean, if you know what I mean.

So here it is, 9:30pm, and I'm cleaning. I went out to make something, and got just grossed out by food crusted on the stovetop, and clean dishes that weren't clean, or taken care of when they were clean. -sigh-

There's my deep dark secret. I'm a housewife who ignores the house part of the equation. So, the kids are busy sweeping. I'm past counter tops & stoves, and on to gutting and re-organizing cupboards. Plastic has taken over our kitchen. Too much plastic. All the "toss away" but really reusable crap is being bagged up, and dropped at Goodwill tomorrow.

Any lids without a bottom, or vice versa is like wise going to Goodwill. Countless plastic holiday straws, cups, and paraphernalia.So, all my serving dishes, which had a single small shelf, are being moved to the huge corner cupboard that was over taken by plastic containers. No person in the world needs that many plastic containers. We don't use that many at one time. It just seems like whenever we know we'll need some, we pick them up. Well, no more of that!

-sigh-

I hate cleaning. Back to the grind stone.

No comments: