Turkey Treat Holder
What You'll Need:
Small Terra Cotta Pots- probably votive candle sized.
Sheets of foam or felt in red, yellow, orange, & brown
- Start by cutting 5 "feather" shapes from the red, yellow, & orange colored foam or felt. You'll want an assortment, with 5 total 'feathers'.
- Cut a heart shape from the red foam or felt, and a small triangle from the orange felt or foam.
- Next, cut a long oval from the brown foam or felt. This will be your turkey's head.
- Glue the googly eyes in place on the head, near one end. Glue the orange triangle just below it, with one of the points aiming towards the side.
- Glue the heart onto the bottom of the pot, so that the two rounded humps stick out like feet.
- Glue the feathers into place on the back, over lapping them from the center outward in a fan shape.
- Once the eyes & beak are dry, glue the head onto the front of the pot.
- When the turkey is completely dry, fill with candy, and set them out.
If you are having a large gathering, these would make for a good craft to keep the younger group busy while the adults make the meals.