Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My 2009 Family Ornament

For the past few years now, I have ordered a personalized Christmas ornament for our tree. Two years ago, I did a red and green border, with our names in the middle. Last year, I added a photo of the kids to one side, and a quick Christmas greeting to the other side. I got such a great deal last year, that I ordered enough for Grandparent gifts.

This year, I wasn't planning to order one, as money is tight. However, a great deal came along at Artscow, and I couldn't resist! For just $1.99 (shipped!), I ordered a double sided star. Last year's ornament turned out decent enough, but I had no good photos of the kids together from this fall. I had plenty in the summer, bright & sunshiny, but I didn't want that!

After playing around, I opted simply to add the family name to one side, and each of our individual names to the backside. I just love how this one turned out, and can't wait until it arrives! I do want to change the ribbon, as they come with bright red satin ribbon, and I used dark red and ice blue for the ornament, with touches of cream. I have some pretty cream grosgrain in my ribbon drawer, though.

Here is the photo of the 2009 ornament! Because I ordered now, it will arrive with plenty of time to spare for Christmas. Artscow is promising pre-Christmas delivery on any item ordered before November 30th.




Don't forget- the contest is still open! There are only a few entries, and the winner will get to pick their prize, and receive a surprise gift, as well! To enter, simply leave a comment on the post!

No comments: