Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wal-Mart vs. Amazon: The Great Price War

A few weeks ago, Walmart & Amazon engaged in a price war over hardcover books, each trying to undercut the other, until brand new hard cover novels were around $8 each, instead of $20+.

This morning, I was looking over Walmart.com, and I noticed something that I am certain is another price war, but one that I'm eager for- you can pre-order new release DVD's for under $10 each. They are currently priced at $9.98. The titles include:

G-Force
Star Trek
Four Christmases
Santa Buddies
Harry Potter
My Sister's Keeper
Angels and Demons
Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian
Terminator: Salvation
Julie & Julia

These 10 titles would be a great pick up for Christmas, as many of them are $19.99 to $29.99 as new releases. There are several I have been wanting to see, and am considering, so we'll see! After a cursory glance at 2 titles on Amazon.com, I will note that they are indeed in a price war, as Amazon.com has them listed at $10.00 even.

If you wait a day or two, I imagine you'll see them drop even more.

No comments: