Its usually hundreds of people picked, not just 1, so the odds are pretty good. The people picked are mailed a completely FREE house party kit, which includes an assortment of "swag" based on the product.
For instance, when I did the South Beach Living house party, I got 15 water bottles, coupons towards the product, and sample products- lots of sample products. When we hosted a party for Fantasy Football (yes, that was all Nick), we got 15 each of magnets, reusable plastic cups, bottle top key chains, plus a sweatshirt for the host, and a few other things.
I've hosted parties for:
- Cartoon Network (twice now, 2 different shows)
- TNT for a new TV show
- ABC Family (twice now, counting the one I was picked to do today, for tv shows)
- South Beach Living (for snack foods)
- XBox 360 for a new game
- Hershey's Bliss- they sent me 9 bags of candy. Seriously! It was right on time for my daughter's 12th birthday, so we went with a chocolate theme. We borrowed a chocolate fountain, and had M&M printed notebooks & pens that I found at Michaels, plus the Hershey's stuff- more ink pens, magnets, and shopping lists. It was a blast!
It's easy, it's simple, and it's free. I've gotten to preview 2 cartoon movies & 2 television shows before they air. The party I was picked to host today is for ABC Family's new Monday Night Lineup. It includes the premier episodes for 2 TV shows, plus swag from the shows. I can't recall what all, but fun stuff, I'm sure! Last time I got picked by ABC Family, I got 15 backpacks, 15 folders, 15 posters, and lots of coupons.
It's a way for companies to get word of mouth advertising. Besides, who doesn't love FREE?
Oh, I just found what will arrive with the party package:
What will be in my Party Package?Each party package will include:
- 1 DVD with sneak peeks
- 15 Make It Or Break It water bottles
- 15 The Secret Life of the American Teenager makeup bags
- 15 mini posters
- 15 calendars
- 15 DVD coupons for both shows