Tuesday, December 8, 2009

ABC Family Houseparty!

Has anyone out there heard of or used Houseparty.com yet? If not, I recommend it. I love the site! The premise is simple- different companies use Houseparty.com to get the word out about their item. To do so, they have people sign up to hose a party at home, then they pick from the applicants, and choose who all gets to host the parties.

Its usually hundreds of people picked, not just 1, so the odds are pretty good. The people picked are mailed a completely FREE house party kit, which includes an assortment of "swag" based on the product.

For instance, when I did the South Beach Living house party, I got 15 water bottles, coupons towards the product, and sample products- lots of sample products. When we hosted a party for Fantasy Football (yes, that was all Nick), we got 15 each of magnets, reusable plastic cups, bottle top key chains, plus a sweatshirt for the host, and a few other things.

I've hosted parties for:
  • Cartoon Network (twice now, 2 different shows)
  • TNT for a new TV show
  • ABC Family (twice now, counting the one I was picked to do today, for tv shows)
  • South Beach Living (for snack foods)
  • XBox 360 for a new game
  • Hershey's Bliss- they sent me 9 bags of candy. Seriously! It was right on time for my daughter's 12th birthday, so we went with a chocolate theme. We borrowed a chocolate fountain, and had M&M printed notebooks & pens that I found at Michaels, plus the Hershey's stuff- more ink pens, magnets, and shopping lists. It was a blast!
I think there have been 1 or 2 others, but this is over the course of about 3 and 1/2 years, maybe.

It's easy, it's simple, and it's free. I've gotten to preview 2 cartoon movies & 2 television shows before they air. The party I was picked to host today is for ABC Family's new Monday Night Lineup. It includes the premier episodes for 2 TV shows, plus swag from the shows. I can't recall what all, but fun stuff, I'm sure! Last time I got picked by ABC Family, I got 15 backpacks, 15 folders, 15 posters, and lots of coupons.

It's a way for companies to get word of mouth advertising. Besides, who doesn't love FREE?

Oh, I just found what will arrive with the party package:

What will be in my Party Package?

Each party package will include:
  • 1 DVD with sneak peeks
  • 15 Make It Or Break It water bottles
  • 15 The Secret Life of the American Teenager makeup bags
  • 15 mini posters
  • 15 calendars
  • 15 DVD coupons for both shows
What teen won't love that? Raegan can have a few friends over, and they can have a party. The date is great, too- you can hold the party anytime between Dec 31st and Jan 2nd. I'm debating- a New Year's Eve party, which means a sleepover, and lots of rowdy kids? Or, a New Year's Day party? 

No comments: