Friday, October 16, 2009

Hot, Mulled Cider

Tomorrow, my crock pot will be working to make another new treat we've never tried before- mulled cider. I just found out tonight that it can be made in the crock, so I let my fingers do the searching, and found out how to make it.

It's easy, and aside from the cider and an orange, we have all the ingredients to make it. All the recipes vary a bit on spices, but the general theme is allspice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and orange slices. Some call for lemon slices as well.

Nick is loving cider this year. I've gotten some good deals, but that aside, we've gone through more than a couple of gallons. This will be a great treat for him tomorrow evening when it's done. The added bonus is how great my house will smell as I make it!

No comments: