Saturday, January 12, 2013

Earning my way to Disney!

It's been a long time, I know! I tried to make a go of another blog, but honestly, I just have not been keeping up with it.

So, what's new?

I'm a co-leader for my daughter's Girl Scout troop now- and I love it! The girls are fun, and we've already done a lot together. The leader is awesome, too, so that's good :)

Girl Scouts has taken over my spare time, which has of course lead to the death of my blogs. However, I am going to try and make a go of this again.


In the name of all things frugal, I am attempting to save my way to Disney with my girls. They have never been, and I really want them to be able to go before they graduate- which is coming scary fast for my oldest daughter. She's almost 17!!!

I have lots of plans- where to stay, where to eat, what parks we want to hit (hint: ALL of them!), which rides are number 1 on our lists, which characters we MUST meet, etc.

But instead, let me tell you how I am earning the money to go.

I have stepped up and become a graphic artist online. I've been doing it for over a year now, but have recently just started really pushing for it. I sell shop graphics for people who run businesses on etsy and facebook. It's fun, it's simple, and it's bringing in some nice money right now.

My goal is $400/month for Jan-October. In addition, I'll be setting aside $1500 from our taxes. That should put me at $5500 in October, which is more than I need, but will give me some extra wiggle room.

Because my earnings depend on how much I'm working, I've been busting my rear to get new sets posted, and ready to be used.

If you are interested in shop designs at all, check out my facebook page, Shop Kandy by Heather.

My hard work is already paying off- it's January 12th, and I'm sitting at $446 for the month. I think I maybe had $15-20 from the end of Dec, but the majority of it was from January. Score! Anything extra I earn is just more cushion.


No comments: