Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?

  1. New Sewing Machine
  2. Organization for my Craft Cave
  3. Scrapbooking Supplies- I haven't done scrapping in YEARS! Everything from paper & punches, to a Cricut and new albums. I want it all!
  4. A $500 gift card to Hobby Lobby- It would be gone shockingly fast.
  5. A man servant to clean my house, and wait on me, preferably in the shape of one Jason Isaacs

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?


When I was 5 or 6, my step mom made me a wonderful quilt. I wore it to rags. By the time I was 14, it was held together by a few threads, some tears, and love.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I would love to make nice, twin sized quilts for the kids.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
I can't think of any that stand out as much as the quilt, because of how long I was attached to it, and how sentimental it is. I grew up in a divorced family- not just my parents, but also my maternal grandparents. I usually got 2-3 Barbies, 1-2 Cabbage Patch Dolls, and every other girly toy imaginable between all the places I went for Christmas every year. While I loved every toy I got, the quilt stands out more than anything.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
Gillian desperately wants an Easy Bake oven this year.
Chris would love a giant Lego's set, or a camera.
Raegan wants a new CD player for her room.

6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Grandpa's Homemade Noodles- seriously, the noodles are made from scratch, are are OH SO good!

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Oh, boy.. what haven't I hand crafted for Christmas? For starters, I made the decision that all gifts for extended family or friends will be handmade this year. So, with that in mind, I've made:

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
Hands down, A Christmas Story. I just love it!

9. Favorite holiday song?
"O Holy Night", the Kelly Clarkson, A Capella version.

10. Favorite holiday pastime?

Snuggling up and watching movies together.


Now, to do this yourself, and enter to win a "Sleighfull" of prizes, follow the link at the top of this Meme!


Bike

No comments: